Something small about the village of Soca
Village Soča is located in the Trenta valley. Walking through a peaceful village you can see the Church of St. Joseph, Karitas and Župnaja Soča, Primary School Bovec - the branch of the Soča, the military cemetery of the fallen in the First World War and other attractions. The church of St. Joseph was built in 1718. It was only sanctified in 1823. It was painted and transformed by Tone Kralj in 1944. She shaped her interior in the colors of the Slovenian flag. He portrayed biblical scenes. More than 600 Austro-Hungarian soldiers were killed in the war cemetery of the fallen during the First World War in the battlefield between Javorcek and Krn in the years 1915 - 1917. The cemetery has a terraced shape. Vas Soča is not mentioned in written sources only in the 18th century. The settlement was probably started already in the 13th century. People were mainly engaged in the use of forests and livestock breeding. The village of Soča belonged to the parish of Bovec until 1788. At that time they got their priest and gained independence. After the First World War, the village of Soča came under Italian rule and the language was then Italian. In the time of the Italian authorities, the Trenta Valley received several buildings, fortifications fortified today, and improved road connections. In the Slovene territory, these places came again after World War II, and then tourism began to develop, which still prevails today.